I love listening to Audible books and podcasts. Over the last year I have grown quite fond of the author Rachel Hollis.
Rachel is a wife, mother, entrepreneur, and motivational speaker. She has a way with words that makes you want to get up and kick ass in your day. Which, based upon one of my recent blogs about my struggle with depression, I desperatley need.
On my way to school, while I was listening to Rachel’s book ‘Girl, Stop Apologizing’, she started talking about this concept of 5 to thrive. These are 5 things she recommends that you implement in your daily life to help you grow.
The list follows:
1. Get up an hour earlier than you normally do and use the time for YOURSELF.
2. Workout for at least 30 minutes.
3. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
4. Give up one food category you know you shouldn’t be eating.
5.Write down ten things you’re grateful for every single day.
I have no clue if this will work for me. I have no clue if I will be able to stick to it. However, I do know that I need change and that I want to be able to keep a promise to myself. So I decided to challenge myself to the Rachel Hollis 5 to Thrive for the next 30 days.
I will commit to:
1. Getting up an hour earlier
2. Workout/Walk for 30 minutes each day
3. Drink half of my body weight in oz. of water
4. NO DRIVE THROUGH OR TAKE OUT FOOD
5. Keep a gratitude journal
So far today I have walked, I got up early, I am working on hitting my water goal, I have not had drive through food, and I plan to end my day with writing out 10 things I am grateful for.
I hope that this will help elevate me to a higher level. And I hope that I notice a change within myself after the 30 days is up. I will keep you all up to date on my progess, and if you’re up for it maybe you can start with me! It would be so cool to chat about changes with other people.
Hope you all have a fabulous labor day weekend!
The Maven Life